Selling your home is like entering a Beauty Contest, and how you dress your home is a vital component. Here are some simple steps to make your home the prettiest in the pageant.
When taking pictures or showing the property it is best if you home looks more like a photo in a magazine:
- Hide the toaster (Countertops empty except for a few accents pieces
- Half full (or half empty) closets and bookshelves. (Let them think they have plenty of room for their stuff)
- Get rid of the extra Furniture. (Furniture should leave lots of open space in the rooms)
- Those precious collectibles… start packing some of them away.
The goal is to make your home look like what we all dream our home looked like. Do your best to make it look like an airbrushed model on a magazine.
Paint to your house, is like makeup on a beauty contestant. It can hide imperfections and make your home look younger. Light neutral colors are best. Use dark colors only as accent tones. Lighter color paints open up a space.
3.Give your property a sidewalk Serenade:
- Landscape and prune your property especially around the house.
- Those trees with low branches, trim those branches back. Don’t let the branches hide your home or make your yard seem smaller. No need to take the tree out just trim the lower branches.
- Trim the hedges (The smaller and cleaner they are the bigger your home and property will look)
- Plant some flowers
- Fresh mulch
- Keep the grass cut; it makes your yard seem larger.
Light scent that gives fresh sense, the plug in ones are great. If you have a basement get a dehumidifier and reduce the musty smell that often comes from a basement. Send the dog and cat to a friends if possible. Yes, I know they are a part of your family, but they are not a part of your buyer’s family and that is what matters.
Put a shine on everything you can. This is a continuance of the airbrushed model theory. Remove as many pimples as you can. Wax the floor, clean the windows and mirrors. No leaves overflowing the gutters, no oil and grease spots on your driveway floor.
These steps will help your buyer picture themselves living in the house. It will help your home be the queen of the home selling pageant.
Want to see what your home is worth?Read More