This post is in reference Jeremy Camp’s new single listen to it here (Reckless). It is what, I think about when I hear the song.
Definition: having or showing no regard for danger or consequences; heedless; rash: a reckless driver ; a reckless attempt (dictionary.com)
This is not going against the wise counsel of those who love you. It is not going off half-cocked driven by emotion. It is not going on a mission trip for the adventure of it.
So what does it mean to be reckless:
- It is taking brownies to the neighbor whose dog leaves presents in your yard.
- It is sharing God’s love to a full movie theater at the end of a movie.
- It is praying for blessings on the driver who just cut you off.
- It is fasting so that God will move on someone else’s behalf.
- It is telling those friends you used to party with, why you are different, what God did in your life (despite it being so awkward).
- It is buying a used car, instead of a brand new one, so you can give more each month to those orphans in the Andaman Islands (link).
It is dancing and praising, even when the storms of life hit so hard you can barely stand.
It is living a life selflessly, serving others, fully living in your destiny and calling.
What do being reckless mean to you?